Due to popular demand, in 2018 the BIG5 Challenge will be offering athletes the opportunity to enter as a team.
THE TEAM CHALLENGE EXPLAINED
Enter a team of between 3 – 5 athletes in either the BIG5 or the BIG5Lite, then after each event the top 3 scores/finish times in each team will count towards the Team Challenge competition.
There will be prizes up for grabs for the winning team at the end of the competition.
WHY ENTER AS A TEAM?
- Corporates – building bonds and relationships with work colleagues, key clients and suppliers, competing in the natural beauty of Knysna.
- Clubs – test your club’s skills against rival clubs, build morale and challenge others for bragging rights
- Social Groups and Friends – a great reason to train as a group towards a common goal and enjoy the Best 10 Days of Winter!
HOW TO ENTER?
To enter a team all the athlete needs to do is follow these two easy steps:
- Enter either the BIG5 or the BIG5Lite as an individual
BIG5Lite – https://entrytickets.net/big5liteentries
- Join a team
During the online entry process under the ‘Club’ field, nominate the TEAM that you are joining by prefixing the team name with the word ‘TEAM’ e.g. TEAM WorldSport.
Entries will reach team status when they have a minimum of 3 athletes entered under the same team name.
Teams can’t exceed 5 members.
ENTERED ALREADY BUT WANT TO JOIN A TEAM?
Simply get in contact with our Race Office, and nominate the team that you would like to form or join by providing all your team-mates full names.
- All team members need to enter the same event to qualify as a team i.e. All team members need to enter the BIG5, or alternatively all need to enter the BIG5Lite
- All athletes competing in a team, will also still be ranked individually within the overall standing of the event i.e. the BIG5 or BIG5Lite
- Team Positions will be detailed after each event, by taking the team’s top 3 times (for BIG5) or Scores (for BIG5Lite). The winning Teams at the end of the competition will be:
- BIG5 – Team with the least accumulative time
- BIG5Lite – Team with the most accumulative points
- Should a team member fail to complete an event, he/she will be disqualified from the competition moving forward. Past results will still be taken into account. Teams will need at least 3 team members competing to remain in the competition.
- Minimum age for the BIG5 is 18 years and for the BIG5Light is 16 years
There is no additional fee to register a team