The field will be limited with 75 entries
Entrants to the BIG5 JUNIOR will enjoy a one-stop registration process for all five events as well as prize givings after each stage and an overall awards ceremony. By entering you only need to complete one online entry, this will give you entry into all five events and you therefore DO NOT NEED TO ENTER ANY OF THE EVENTS INDIVIDUALLY.
Benefits that a BIG5 JUNIOR athlete will experience:
- Entry Fee 12-15 years R 1280
- Entry Fee 16-19 years R 1700
- Your BIG5 JUNIOR entry fee includes the following benefits:
- BIG5 Sport Challenge Dry Bag
- BIG5 Race Pack
- One stop registration process for all five events
- Access to the BIG5 Hospitality Zone at the PnP Knysna Oyster Festival Grounds
- Complimentary massages at the BIG5 Hospitality Zone
- VIP access for one of your parents (1 adult)
- Complimentary bike wash & lube after the MTB races
- Preferred start groups at select events
- BIG5 Athlete acknowledgements on start line of select events
- Secure bike park at the BIG5 Hospitality Zone
- Race/dry bag drop-off at the BIG5 Hospitality Zone before each event
- Gala Prize-Giving Function
- BIG5 JUNIOR Finishers Medal to all athletes that complete all 5 events successfully
- Priority access to athlete services such as travel, accommodation, massages etc.
- The BIG5 JUNIOR is a competitive event
- All proceeds of your entry fee will go to the Knysna Education Trust.
Your age as at 31st December 2017 will determine which age category you should participate in.
DATE EVENT DISTANCE
|Saturday 8 July||Momentum Cycle Tour||12-15 Years: 15km MTB Race
16-19 Years: 30km MTB Race
|Sunday 9 July||Dare to Dash Obstacle Course||1 Lap race against the clock|
|Tuesday 11 July||12-15 Years: Street Mile
16-19 Years: Featherbed Trail Run
|12-15 Years: 1.6 km Street Mile
16-19 Years: Seahorse – 11km
|Thursday 13 July||MTB X||12-15: 1 x 8km laps 8km
16-19: 2 x 8km laps 16km
|Saturday 15 July||Knysna Secondary School Fun Run||5km|
Don’t have accommodation yet? CLICK HERE to book one of our exclusive BIG5 Sport Challenge accommodation packages
BIG5 JUNIOR SUPPORTS THE KNYSNA EDUCATION TRUST
All proceeds of your BIG5 Junior Entry will go to the Knysna Education Trust.
A quality preschool education is a primary contributing factor ensuring the growth of a successful and productive nation.
The Knysna Education Trust (KET) provides 43 affiliated preschools, within the greater Knysna and Sedgefield communities, with the necessary programmes, skills development, on site coaching and mentoring to capacitate educators to deliver a quality preschool education in a safe, stimulating environment.
KET is the only organisation in the area focusing exclusively on Early Childhood Education.
The Programmes implemented ensure that the almost 2000 children in these preschools have a hot meal, and are cared for in a safe environment learning the necessary lessons needed enabling them to succeed in formal schooling and develop a life ling love of learning.
For more information on the Knysna Education Trust, contact Nicola:
(044) 3824638; 0834124598.